Today's blog post is just for fun, but also should be motivational as you locate yourself somewhere within these stages. I have shared this in my Facebook support groups over the years, but now it's here for everyone.
You may notice that you cycle through some of the steps more than once, but most people seem to experience most (if not all) of these stages somewhere along the way.
1. I'm going to do it! Day 1!
2. What do you mean I have to drink my coffee black???
3. The headache. Oh, I'm so tired.
4. Why am I bingeing the minute my window opens???
5. It's been 6 weeks, and I haven't lost weight/I'm gaining weight. HELP!
6. Hey! Suddenly I'm not as hungry! I got full before I finished my dinner!
7. I have so much energy! No more slumps during the day. This is great!
8. My pants are looser, but the scale still says I haven't lost weight.
9. All of a sudden, I am down two sizes…
10. Help! I've stopped losing weight again! What am I doing wrong???
11. None of my clothes fit. I need a smaller wardrobe!
12. Suddenly I am craving vegetables more than snack foods! Who am I?
13. #FoodSnob, when only the best will do. Food must be “window worthy!”
15. Maintenance. I'll never eat any other way again. #DDDForLife
I have been happily at stage 15 since 2015, and it's definitely a way of life for me now. My wish is for you to join me here and discover the freedom that comes along with intermittent fasting and the Delay, Don't Deny way of life. Get the book and learn how to live the lifestyle for yourself!
Gin Stephens lives in Augusta, Georgia, where she has been following an intermittent fasting lifestyle since 2014. In addition to writing the #1 Amazon best-seller Delay, Don't Deny and the follow-up book Feast Without Fear, Gin is host of the Intermittent Fasting Stories podcast and co-host of The Intermittent Fasting Podcast, along with fellow intermittent faster and author, Melanie Avalon. Check out www.intermittentfastingstories.com and www.ifpodcast.com or search for the podcasts through your favorite podcast app.